Re: Can't get pgsql 8.1.4 to password protect roles.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can't get pgsql 8.1.4 to password protect roles.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Will Buik" <willbuik@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to password protect both the superuser role and another role that
> I created later with less privileges but I can't seem to get it to work.  I
> have tried using the command *ALTER USER user WITH PASSWORD 'password';* and
> it responds with *ALTER ROLE* but it seems to have no effect at all.  Even
> after I've password protected the role I can login to it with the
> *psql*command without a password.

You need to change pg_hba.conf to select a password-based authentication
mode ("md5" is the one usually used).  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/client-authentication.html

От: "Will Buik"
Сообщение: Can't get pgsql 8.1.4 to password protect roles.
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Best high availability solution ?