Re: IDLE in transaction introspection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> That would cost twice as much shared memory for query strings, and twice
>> as much time to update the strings, for what seems pretty marginal
>> value. �I'm for just redefining the query field as "current or last
>> query".

> Not really.  You could just store it once in shared memory, and put
> the complexity in the view definition.

I understood the proposal to be "store the previous query in addition
to the current-query-if-any".  If that's not what was meant, then my
objection was incorrect.  However, like you, I'm pretty dubious of
having two mostly-redundant fields in the view definition, just because
of window width issues.

От: Jeroen Vermeulen
Сообщение: Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: LDAP server docs