Re: greatest/least semantics different between oracle and postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: greatest/least semantics different between oracle and postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Anyway, there's no doubt that we can point to the behavior of MAX/MIN
>> as defense for what we made GREATEST/LEAST do, so I'm inclined to leave
>> their behavior alone, at least until such time as they're actually
>> standardized.  But a note in the manual pointing out the difference from
>> Oracle seems in order.

> Agreed that we are good by following min/max.  Not sure about a mention
> in the docs that we are different from Oracle helps.  Do we mention
> other differences?  I see us doing that only for PL/Psql.

We tend not to mention Oracle by name, but there are various places
saying that we do X while "some other databases" do Y.  In view of the
mysql behavior I think I'd use that same wording here.

От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: greatest/least semantics different between oracle and postgres
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: greatest/least semantics different between oracle and postgres