Re: APC/socket fix (final?)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: APC/socket fix (final?)
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> The third option is to redefine all these functions into our own, and
> implement our own emulation layer. This means our own select(), send(),
> recv() (more? I don't think so). And have these call the native winsock
> APIs (WSAEventSelect(), WSASend(), WSARecv() etc). These functions are
> designed to work in an APC environment.

Pardon me for not having paid close enough attention, but what versions
of select() and friends are we relying on now?  Is it really reasonable
to think that we can do a better job without a large amount of effort?

От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: APC/socket fix (final?)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: compiling with ssl without thread safety still broken