Re: Is my text_pattern_ops index working for a LIKE prefix search with column reference?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is my text_pattern_ops index working for a LIKE prefix search with column reference?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> writes:
> Seamus Abshere wrote:
>> I created an index with text_pattern_ops because I want fast prefix search [1] [2].
>> ...but I don't think it's working when I use a column reference || '%'...

> An index can only be used for expressions like
> and you have a column refrence on the right side.

"constant" is a bit too strong here, but it definitely can't be
"expression using another column from the same table".  It has to
be an expression that will hold stable throughout a scan of the
table you wish to index.

От: Raghavendra Rao J S V
Сообщение: Which are the settings need to be modified inorder to implement onlyconnection pool mechanisam in pgpool
От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade/Downgrade