Re: Re: lost records --- problem identified!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: lost records --- problem identified!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Yes, and no.  I think the patch would be too risky to drop into 7.0.*
>> with no beta testing...

> I think we need beta testing then. Otherwise we would have to tell
> people to disable merge join until 7.1 gets released, I guess.

Well ... mumble ... as far as I've heard, you and Frank are the only
ones to get bit by it so far.  So I'm not sure it deserves a fire-drill
response.  There is at least one other "fatal" bug in 7.0 mergejoin
(planner will accept an inner plan of a type that doesn't support mark/
restore; this is still not fixed in current sources) not to mention a
fatal bug in hashjoin (hash table portal may get released before cursor
portal; this is fixed in current sources but I see no practical way to
fix it under 7.0 memory management).  Is it worth trying to beta-test
our way to a 7.0.3 release?  I'd vote for pushing up the 7.1 release
schedule instead, if we are sufficiently worried about these issues.