Re: dblink bug fix - please apply prior to wrapping up beta tarball

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dblink bug fix - please apply prior to wrapping up beta tarball
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> BTW, that connectby function gave me the impression that it may actually
> be simpler for the function writer to build and return their own
> tuplestore. A lot of complexity is removed by not having to deal with
> multiple calls.

For sure.  The only saving grace of the multiple-calls thing is that it
allows you to cope with indefinitely large result sets ... and we're
blowing that advantage by stuffing the result into a tuplestore back
at nodeFunctionscan.c, anyway.  I still want to revisit that set of
issues someday soon (not for 7.3 of course).

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: dblink bug fix - please apply prior to wrapping up
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: indisclustered and clusterdb