Re: PostgreSQL for Data Warehouse

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: PostgreSQL for Data Warehouse
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm actually evaluating different dbms for data warehouse tasks.
> has anybody expirience with it?
>
> i have to store 50 mio. records p.m. in a fact table.
> something like this:
>
> date; cust; group; product; value
>
> ...with unique index on date,cust,group,product.
>
> will there be any problem's in response time in let's say 12 months?

It totally depends on hardware, the queries you will be running, under
what load, and what you mean by "response time".  If I were you, I
would simply simulate your 600 m rows and then run the queries that
you want to see how the system performs.

Sean

От: "Jasmin Dizdarevic"
Сообщение: PostgreSQL for Data Warehouse
От: Bastiaan Olij
Сообщение: Installing postgres on Vista, can't connect remotely