Re: Direct converting numeric types to bool

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Direct converting numeric types to bool
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
n.zhuchkov@postgrespro.ru writes:
> Attached patch allow direct convertion of numeric types to bool like
> integer::bool.
> Supported types:
>   - smallint;
>   - bigint;
>   - real;
>   - double precision;
>   - decimal(numeric).
> This functionality is helped with migration from Oracle.

I think you forgot to attach the patch, but in any case: is this
really a behavior we want?  "Oracle has it" is not a good argument
in my view, nor do I recall people complaining that they need such
a behavior to migrate.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [POC] Faster processing at Gather node
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Incorrect comments in partition.c