Re: Huge spikes in number of connections doing "PARSE"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Huge spikes in number of connections doing "PARSE"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> writes:
> while I understand it, and will pass this information to client, one
> thing bugs me - one the problem happens only sometimes, with relatively
> low count of backends?
> we saw database running normally with 1200 connections, yet sometimes,
> it has 500 connections, and then something happens and they all end up
> locking in this parse mode.

Well, if they're all busy, you're not going to get this cache reset
problem.  It's idle backends that have fallen behind that create the
problem.

От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Re: Huge spikes in number of connections doing "PARSE"
От: tv@fuzzy.cz
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL for Holdem Manager could not be installed.