Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> One thing I think we should do in this area is introduce #defines for
> all the message type codes and use those instead of having hard-coded
> constants everywhere.

+1, but I wonder where we should put those exactly.  My first thought
was postgres_ext.h, but the charter for that is

 *     This file contains declarations of things that are visible everywhere
 *  in PostgreSQL *and* are visible to clients of frontend interface libraries.
 *  For example, the Oid type is part of the API of libpq and other libraries.

so picayune details of the wire protocol probably don't belong there.
Maybe we need a new header concerned with the wire protocol?

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: constants for tar header offsets