Re: Mysterious performance degradation in exceptional cases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Mysterious performance degradation in exceptional cases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> writes:
> To fulfill the search, the application server has to do some 100
> ESQL/C calls and all this should not take longer than 1-2 seconds, and
> normally it does not take longer. But, in some situations it takes
> longer than 180 seconds, in 10% of the cases. The other 90% are below 2 seconds,
> i.e. this is digital: Or 2 seconds, or more than 180 seconds, no values between.

I'm wondering about a plan change.  Can you install auto_explain on
the server and capture info about the fast and slow cases?

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Mysterious performance degradation in exceptional cases
От: jian he
Сообщение: understand pg_ndistinct type && Why with(autovacuum_enabled=off) some query estimate 100, some is 200.