Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
>>> I think you should at least add an autovacuum specific value for
>>> "vacuum_cost_delay" because it turns cost-based vacuum delay on or off.

> I am thinking we should move ahead with what we have now, suggest the
> work-arounds, and thensee what use-cases we have for it for later
> releases.

I think it's absolutely unquestionable that there is a use-case for
running autovac with different vacuum-delay settings than you would
want to apply to manually issued vacuums.  We don't need to wait for
field experience on that one; we already have it with the contrib
version.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Interval->day docs and regression tests
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends