Re: Block B-Tree concept

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Block B-Tree concept
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Also, now that we have concurrent CREATE INDEX, we could implement
> concurrent REINDEX as well, I believe.

That's probably more easily said than done --- in particular, I don't
understand what the committed state after the first transaction would
look like.  CREATE INDEX can get away with it because nothing need be
depending on the new index, but you can't say that for an existing index
(esp. if it's UNIQUE).

От: Jeff Frost
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues
От: Jeff Frost
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues