Re: error when installing 9.3.0 on Slackware using slackbuilds

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: error when installing 9.3.0 on Slackware using slackbuilds
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tim <tim@kitswv.com> writes:
> Good morning.  I am installing postgresql on my 64 bit Slackware
> system with the slackbuilds script and the make file returns an error.

Well, the first question is why in the world are you installing 9.3.0.
The current release in that series is 9.3.15, and we didn't make those
patch releases just for idle amusement.  Even aside from your installation
problem, there are *SERIOUS* data loss bugs in the early 9.3.x releases.

> I suspect that it is rooted in the configure file, as there are
> several errors in there.  One of them says that I need a newer version
> of Flex than 2.5.31, and it identifies 2.6 installed.

Should be fixed as of 9.3.13, though I believe this is only a warning
and won't matter unless you decide to edit some of our flex input files.

AFAICS there isn't anything really wrong in that configure run, in fact
--- it definitely seems to have got to the end without error.  It's
normal to have reams of symbol-not-found-ish errors in config.log, since
that's basically how configure finds out what you do have.  It would
help if you'd shown the make error rather than assuming config.log is
what we need to see.

От: Tim
Сообщение: error when installing 9.3.0 on Slackware using slackbuilds
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: error when installing 9.3.0 on Slackware using slackbuilds