Re: how to troubleshoot a wrong query plan

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: how to troubleshoot a wrong query plan
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
jian xu <jamesxu@outlook.com> writes:
> Thanks Tom, except for setting parameters, is there any other ways to show debug information about plan generating?
Forexample, can pg show all the candidate plans it searched, and the cost of each candidate plan?

No, because rejected alternatives are not carried through to the point
of having a displayable plan.  (Trying to do so would be enormously
expensive.)  People have experimented with adding trace facilities
that would show some details about rejected plan alternatives, but
none of that has led to a facility that I'd care to use.

От: jian xu
Сообщение: Re: how to troubleshoot a wrong query plan
От: "Wilson, Maria Louise (LARC-E301)[RSES]"
Сообщение: Need help with slow query - postgres 12 on linux RHEL 8