Re: Remove the limit on the number of entries allowed in catcaches,

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove the limit on the number of entries allowed in catcaches,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can we do the same for the file descriptors in fd.c?

I haven't seen any indication that fd.c is a performance bottleneck,
so I don't see the point.

Also, there is an external constraint: we can't simply have thousands
of open file descriptors; on most platforms that just Does Not Work.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Test request for Stats collector performance improvement
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS