Re: Disk Space issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Disk Space issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Devendra Singh Rawat <Devendra_Rawat@infosys.com> writes:
> We ran the SQL to get the table which are consuming maximum space.
> The results are as shown:-
> SELECT relname, relpages FROM pg_class ORDER BY relpages DESC;
>                      relname                      | relpages

> But these only cover around few GB of data.

pg_class.relpages is only up-to-date as of the last VACUUM.
There's already good reason to suspect that you're not vacuuming
enough; maybe some big tables are not getting vacuumed at all.

I'd suggest having a look into the data directory to see for yourself
which are the big files.  The documentation might help you:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/storage.html
(IIRC, all of this except the material on tablespaces will apply
to 7.4.)