Re: insert rule doesn't see id field

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: insert rule doesn't see id field
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ron Peterson <rpeterso@mtholyoke.edu> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 04:50:56PM -0500, Ron Peterson wrote:
>> colindices = (int *) malloc (ncols * sizeof (int));

> Of course we should verify that malloc succeeded...

Actually, the correct answer is "you should not be using malloc() in
backend functions".  You should be using palloc, or possibly
MemoryContextAlloc, either of which will elog if it can't get space.

> if (colindices == NULL) {
>     elog (ERROR, "noupcol: malloc failed\n");
>     SPI_finish();
>     return PointerGetDatum (NULL);
> }

This is even more pointless.  Control does not return from elog(ERROR),
so the two following lines are dead code.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Ron Peterson
Сообщение: Re: insert rule doesn't see id field
От: Chad L
Сообщение: Table Design Questions