Re: question about about future 8.1 and IN, INOUT, and OUT parameters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: question about about future 8.1 and IN, INOUT, and OUT parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 11:05:57PM -0500, Tony Caduto wrote:
>> Is the syntax going to be exactly like it is in Oracle?

> I'm not familiar with the Oracle syntax and I don't know how close
> the PostgreSQL implementation is to being final, but here's an
> example that works with the most recent code from HEAD (8.1devel):

> CREATE FUNCTION foo(IN x integer, INOUT y integer, OUT z integer) AS $$

FWIW, we will also take the more Oracle-ish spelling of the parameter
list:

CREATE FUNCTION foo(x IN integer, y IN OUT integer, z OUT integer) AS ...

... although given all the other in-detail discrepancies between plpgsql
and Oracle's pl/sql, I'm not sure how much this will really make
anyone's life easier.  In any case, Michael's example is the preferred
syntax because it is what the SQL spec calls for.

От: "Dinesh Pandey"
Сообщение: Postgres source (tar file) for Fedora Core OS?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: I can't create a new database with GB18030 encoding