Re: Regression in COPY FROM caused by 9f8377f7a2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Regression in COPY FROM caused by 9f8377f7a2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-09-25 Mo 11:06, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 2023-09-25 Mo 04:59, Laurenz Albe wrote:
>>> CREATE TABLE boom (t character varying(5) DEFAULT 'a long string');

> Thinking about this a little more, wouldn't it be better if we checked
> at the time we set the default that the value is actually valid for the
> given column? This is only one manifestation of a problem you could run
> into given this table definition.

I dunno, it seems at least possible that someone would do this
deliberately as a means of preventing the column from being defaulted.
In any case, the current behavior has stood for a very long time and
no one has complained that an error should be thrown sooner.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Fix a wrong comment in setrefs.c
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: How to update unicode mapping table?