Re: PG 8.2 change Letter Sort Order

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG 8.2 change Letter Sort Order
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@it-management.at> writes:
> On Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 jkohlmeier@pronet-systeme.de wrote:
>> I need a sort where �==ss and � ==ae.

> If you find a solution, I would be interested, too.

What you'd need is a locale definition that acts that way.

If that is a common understanding of the meaning of sorting in German,
I'd imagine someone has made one up --- but a PG list is the wrong place
to be asking about it.  We just use the operating system's locale
facilities, we don't write our own.  You'd want to find some libc or
libintl hackers ...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?