Re: join pushdown and issue with foreign update

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: join pushdown and issue with foreign update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Pyhalov <a.pyhalov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> Tom Lane писал 2021-06-01 21:19:
>> ISTM that using a specific rowtype rather than RECORD would be
>> quite disastrous from the standpoint of bloating the number of
>> distinct resjunk columns we need for a partition tree with a
>> lot of children.  Maybe we'll have to go that way, but it seems
>> like an absolute last resort.

> Why do you think they are distinct?
> In suggested patch all of them will have type of the common ancestor
> (root of the partition tree).

Seems moderately unlikely that that will work in cases where the
partition children have rowtypes different from the ancestor
(different column order etc).  It'll also cause the problem we
originally sought to avoid for selects across traditional inheritance
trees, where there isn't a common partition ancestor.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: CALL versus procedures with output-only arguments
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in recovery?