Re: Rationalizing code-sharing among src/bin/ directories

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rationalizing code-sharing among src/bin/ directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Not sure if Andres is working on that for now or not, the main
> discussion that I am foreseeing here is how we are going to map elevel
> for the frontend (should FATAL, PANIC exit immediately, etc).

Doesn't seem that complicated to me: elevel >= ERROR results in exit(1),
otherwise just print to stderr and return.  We'd be eyeballing each case
that we remove "#ifndef FRONTEND" from anyway; if it's expecting behavior
noticeably more complicated than that, we could leave it as-is.

> Stability of 9.6 is first and just ahead.

Agreed, this is code cleanup not a high priority.

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Combining Aggregates
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Performance degradation in commit 6150a1b0