Re: Transactional DDL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Transactional DDL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Jaime Casanova" <systemguards@gmail.com> writes:
> Tom's example seems to show that mysql inserts a commit immidiatelly
> after a DDL but this one example shows the thing is worse than that.

Actually, I think their behavior is just "DDL issues a COMMIT", so that
after that you are out of the transaction and the INSERT commits
immediately.  Some experimentation shows that mysql doesn't issue a
warning for rollback-outside-a-transaction, so the lack of any complaint
at the rollback step is just standard mysql-ism.