Re: Re: Synch Rep: direct transfer of WAL file from the primary to the standby

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Synch Rep: direct transfer of WAL file from the primary to the standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com> writes:
> Could we add yet another postmaster specialized child to handle the
> archive, which would be like a default archive_command implemented in
> core.

I think this fails the basic sanity check: do you need it to still work
when the master is dead.  It's reasonable to ask the master to supply a
few gigs of very-recent WAL, but as soon as the word "archive" enters
the conversation, you should be thinking in terms of a different
machine.  Or at least a design that easily scales to put the archive on
a different machine.

От: Sergey Burladyan
Сообщение: Re: 8.4, One-Time Filter and subquery ( ... FROM function() union all ... )
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold