Re: massive update on gin index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: massive update on gin index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marcos Pegoraro <marcos@f10.com.br> writes:
> I know I have other options, and possibly better, but I was trying to
> understand what happens with gin indexes, just that.

GIN does have a "pending list" of insertions not yet pushed into the main
index structure, and search performance will suffer if that gets too
bloated.  I don't recall much about how to control that, but I think
vacuuming the table will serve to empty the pending list.  Also see

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/gin-implementation.html#GIN-FAST-UPDATE

От: Marcos Pegoraro
Сообщение: Re: massive update on gin index
От: Marcos Pegoraro
Сообщение: Re: massive update on gin index