Re: Returning a set from an function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Returning a set from an function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Keith Hutchison" <keith.kjtl.hutchison@gmail.com> writes:
> Looking for an example showing how to return a set from either a sql
> function or a plpsqq function.

Try "SQL Functions Returning Sets" here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/xfunc-sql.html

In plpgsql you just "RETURN NEXT" each value (typically this would
be inside a loop, though it doesn't have to be) and then either
RETURN with no argument or fall off the end of the function (I think
the latter is only allowed as of PG 8.1).  There don't seem to be
any very compelling examples in the manual, but I bet you can find
some at techdocs.postgresql.org.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Keith Hutchison"
Сообщение: Returning a set from an function
От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: Modeling trees with Nested Sets and Nested Intervals