Re: PL/PGSQL and external (flat ASCII) files - Urgent ... :)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/PGSQL and external (flat ASCII) files - Urgent ... :)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Chris Ruprecht <chrup999@yahoo.com> writes:
> If life was easy, everything would just come in the format I'd like it. But
> since it isn't, I need to create records like this one:
> From an input file where the records looks like this one:

If it's just a data import issue, why do you want to do it in a plpgsql
function?  Do the format massaging on the client side.  I'd think about
making a simple little sed or perl script (or whatever text-masher you
like) producing data that COPY would take.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Chris Ruprecht
Сообщение: Re: PL/PGSQL and external (flat ASCII) files - Urgent ... :)
От: "Josh Berkus"
Сообщение: Re: PL/PGSQL and external (flat ASCII) files - Urgent ... :)