Re: Declarative Range Partitioning Postgres 11

От Ron
Тема Re: Declarative Range Partitioning Postgres 11
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/7/19 6:17 PM, Michael Lewis wrote:
> No, what you want is not possible and probably won't ever be I would expect.

Sure it is.  Maybe not the (weird) way that Postgres does partitioning, but
the legacy RDBMS that I still occasionally maintain has for at least 25
years had partition key independent of any indexes.

> Scanning every partition to validate the primary key isn't scalable.

That's only because of the way Pg implements partitioning.

От: Michael Lewis
Сообщение: Re: Declarative Range Partitioning Postgres 11
От: Pankaj Jangid
Сообщение: Re: PG 12 not yet for mac