Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15

От Wolfgang Walther
Тема Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule:
> 2. But my main argument is, it is not really safe - it solves Peter's
> use case, but if I use a reverse example of Peter's case, I still have a
> problem.
>
> I can have a variable x, and then I can write query like `SELECT x FROM x`;
>
> but if somebody creates table x(x int), then the query `SELECT x FROM x`
> will be correct, but it is surely something else. So the requirement of
> the usage variable inside FROM clause doesn't help. It doesn't work.

But in this case you could make variables and tables share the same
namespace, i.e. forbid creating a variable with the same name as an
already existing table.

Best,

Wolfgang

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15