Re: Problem with psprintf and intmax_t (%jd)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with psprintf and intmax_t (%jd)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan Behrens <jbe-mlist@magnetkern.de> writes:
> I'm facing a problem with psprintf and the %jd format string. I used
> the following C-code:

> PG_RETURN_CSTRING(psprintf("%d@%jd", (int)1, (intmax_t)2));

> While this worked fine in past, I recently get (with PostgreSQL 13):

> ERROR:  vsnprintf failed: Invalid argument with format string "%d@%jd"

Before PG 12, this would have worked (on many platforms) if your
local libc's printf understood the "j" modifier.  Since v12, we use
src/port/snprintf.c on every platform, and it doesn't know "j".

By and large, we do not use the <stdint.h> types in Postgres, and are
unlikely to start doing so.  So this omission doesn't particularly
concern me.  "ll" with a cast to "long long" is indeed the recommended
practice if you want to print a 64-bit value.

От: Jeremy Wilson
Сообщение: Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"
От: Dirk Mika
Сообщение: PostgreSQL equivalent to Oracles ANYDATASET