Re: Very confusing installcheck behavior with PGXS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Very confusing installcheck behavior with PGXS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> writes:
> On 1/7/16 9:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (I'm also wondering how convert_sourcefiles() works at all in a vpath
>> build, considering that I don't see it doing anything like this ...)

> It's only looking at outputdir, which I suspect is never ambiguous.

Eh, no, look again.  What it's actually doing is reading $inputdir/input/
and converting into $outputdir/sql/, and reading $inputdir/output/ and
converting into $outputdir/expected/.  I guess that works, but again it's
kind of at variance with the normal expectation of VPATH behavior.  What
you'd expect is that $builddir/input files would override $srcdir/input
files; but as is, $builddir/input and $builddir/output are never examined
at all.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Generalizing SortSupport for text to work with char(n), bytea, and alternative opclasses
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Generic WAL logical messages