Re: PL/R Median Busts Commit (Postgres 9.1.6 + plr 8.3.0.13 on Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/R Median Busts Commit (Postgres 9.1.6 + plr 8.3.0.13 on Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz> writes:
> On 25/01/13 13:06, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Unless libR can be coerced into not screwing up our signal handlers,
>> I'd say that PL/R is broken beyond repair.  That would be unfortunate.

> It looks like Joe has run into something similar with libR stealing
> SIGINT, he reinstalls it. A simple patch along the same lines for
> SIGUSR1 (attached) seems to fix the issue.

This certainly is not good enough, for either signal.  What happens if
the signal arrives while libR still has control?  These things being
asynchronous with respect to the receiving backend, we certainly can't
assume that that won't happen.

Why does libR think it should be messing with these handlers in the
first place?

От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: PL/R Median Busts Commit (Postgres 9.1.6 + plr 8.3.0.13 on Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit)
От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: PL/R Median Busts Commit (Postgres 9.1.6 + plr 8.3.0.13 on Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit)