Re: AIX - Out of Memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AIX - Out of Memory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Thorne, Francis" <thornef@cromwell.co.uk> writes:
> Looking for some help with regards to an 'Out of Memory' issue I have
> with our Postgresql install on AIX.  When running large updates or
> select queries we get an out of memory error returned and details
> entered in the log file like below.  This is a 64-bit install and I have
> set the ulimit for the postgres user to unlimited.

The bloat seems to be here:

>     AfterTriggerEvents: 131063808 total in 26 blocks; 576 free (7
> chunks); 131063232 used

but it's hard to believe you'd be getting "out of memory" after only
130MB in a 64-bit build.  Are you *sure* the postgres executable is
64-bit?  Are you *sure* the postmaster has been launched with
nonrestrictive ulimit?  On lots of setups that takes modifying the
PG startup script, not just fooling with some user's .profile.

> This is a 64-bit install (8.3) on AIX 5.3

8.3.what?