Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-08-12 18:52:59 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Looks OK to me, except I wonder why you did this
>>
>> #define TRIGGER_FIRED_FOR_ROW(event) \
>> -    ((event) & TRIGGER_EVENT_ROW)
>> +    (((event) & TRIGGER_EVENT_ROW) == TRIGGER_EVENT_ROW)
>>
>> rather than != 0.  That way doesn't look either more efficient or
>> more readable.

> Purely consistency with the surrounding code. I was on the fence about
> that one...

The adjacent code is doing something different than a bit-test, though:
it's checking whether multibit fields have particular values.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean