Re: Postgres and Java Microservices Multithreading

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Postgres and Java Microservices Multithreading
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"parallel query" refers to parallelism within a single query, not at all related to the questions you're asking

connection pooler is something you might want to investigate, but that really depends on total number of connections
acrossyour microservices, and how connection pooling within your clients might be handled. If your clients make
persistentconnections, and they're not making all that many (maybe not more than 10-20 each across the 15), you
wouldn'tneed it. If client connections come and go, or your clients use higher number of connections, then yes, put
pgbouncerbetween clients & PG.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

> On Dec 5, 2019, at 6:22 AM, <soumik.bhattacharjee@kpn.com> <soumik.bhattacharjee@kpn.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Peter for your response, appreciate much.
>
> But I think the applications wont behave the same way as with Oracle.(We have 15+ Microservices running in Oracle
withparallel processing)

> Below I just checked and testing in Test Env.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/parallel-query.html
> https://dzone.com/articles/postgresql-connection-pooling-part-1-pros-amp-cons
>

> If anyone have some use cases/real time project executions  will be really helpful.
>
> Thanks..

java-stuffis as a separate layer in your software.
> Conversion problems can happen on data-types, constraints and/or triggers. If you use stored-procedures, those should
beconverted / rewritten as well..

> A bit of a strange question as this is basic datbase knowledge.... ??/ Esp. if you're working at KPN.
> --
> Open Systems Development B.V.
> Peter M. Groen
> Managing Director
> Rooseveltstraat 18-P
> 2321 BM Leiden
> +31 6 12 08 95 62
> email : peter@osdev.nl
> skype : peter_m_groen
>
> On Thu, 2019-12-05 at 12:22 +0000, soumik.bhattacharjee@kpn.com wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> Few more details as discussed with application team.
>
> In parallel processing Application will create multiple threads towards our PG database to retrieve/ update data.
>

>     • Application will send multiple parallel requests to DB on same table to SELECT data.
>     • Application will send multiple parallel requests to DB on same table to UPDATE data
>     • Application will send multiple parallel requests to DB on same table to INSERT data
>

> Thanks..

Javamicro services are multithreaded.

> And we are doing database migration from Oracle 11gR2 to Postgres 12.
>
> So if anyone can share your experience or share some documentations/use cases if  we can maintain the same
configurationsfor Java micro services with multithreading as we are using in Oracle and same works in Postgres too? –
(Wejust plan to switch the data source from Oracle to Postgres- will that work? )

> Thanks..

Сообщение: RE: Postgres and Java Microservices Multithreading
От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Postgres and Java Microservices Multithreading