ALTER ROLE ... SET in current database only

От Wolfgang Walther
Тема ALTER ROLE ... SET in current database only
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm trying to set a GUC for a role in the current database only - but
don't know the name of the database at the time of writing code. Could
be development, staging, ...

I would basically like to do something like this:

ALTER ROLE a IN CURRENT DATABASE SET b TO c;

Although that syntax doesn't exist (yet).

I think I could wrap it in a DO block and create the statement
dynamically. Alternatively, I could probably INSERT INTO / UPDATE
pg_db_role_setting manually?

Any other ideas how to achieve this easily? Does the proposed "IN
CURRENT DATABASE" syntax sound useful to anyone else?

Best,

Wolfgang

От: Thomas Guyot
Сообщение: Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface