Re: I need testers for incremental backups (similar Oracle)

От Yury Zhuravlev
Тема Re: I need testers for incremental backups (similar Oracle)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John R Pierce wrote:
> doesn't a wal archive give you pretty much the same thing?

No, because WAL quickly enough may become larger than the database.
In the WAL can be any number of records that change only one page of
memory.
In addition recover from the WAL too long, because it should be "play" by
Postgres.
In my case pg_arman + ptrack it's almost as simple copy files.

Thanks.

--
Yury Zhuravlev
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Pierre Chevalier Géologue
Сообщение: Re: Enhancement request for pg_dump
От: "Shulgin, Oleksandr"
Сообщение: Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created