Re: Long running DDL statements blocking all queries

От Fabio Pardi
Тема Re: Long running DDL statements blocking all queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Ashu,

when you say 'almost every query in our application starts getting blocked'...

'blocked' as in 'they are stuck and can be seen in pg_stat_activity'? (in this case, please post the full content of
pg_stat_activity)

or

'blocked' as in 'they are waiting in pgbouncer pool?

regards,

fabio pardi

On 31/05/18 12:38, Ashu Pachauri wrote:
> We have been using Postgres 9.5.12 behind PGBouncer and facing some weird issues. Whenever we running long running
DDLstatements (e.g. 'add index concurently' or 'Alter table alter column type'), after some time, we start seeing that
almostevery query in our application starts getting blocked.

> I understand that the operations I mentioned cab be unsafe, but the queries being blocked are on completely unrelated
tables. I used the instructions given on Postgres wiki (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoring) to correlate
theblocking and blocked statements and there seems to be absolutely no correlation.

От: Ashu Pachauri
Сообщение: Long running DDL statements blocking all queries
От: C GG
Сообщение: Re: LDAP authentication slow