Re: Current state of XML capabilities in PostgreSQL?

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: Current state of XML capabilities in PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> why would you store data thats wrapped in two copies of its fieldname along
> with other punctuation?    wouldn't it make more sense to decompose your XML
> source into proper tables so proper indexes and relational sql queries can
> be made?     otherwise, every query turns into a massive sequential scan and
> parsing operation.

you can always have index on xpath() ...
and than use same expression in WHERE, and postgresql will use index.

--
GJ

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Current state of XML capabilities in PostgreSQL?
От: Martin Gainty
Сообщение: Re: I need a Postgres Admin $130K + 20K in NYC Any Ideas?