Re: Strange Result with char concatenation in query.

От Manfred Koizar
Тема Re: Strange Result with char concatenation in query.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:09:54 +0200,
"mathieu.chappuis@msg-software.com"
<mathieu.chappuis@msg-software.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>A short example, is IMHO more explicit :
>
>% cat file.csv
>1,100/100
>2,100/100
>3,200/200

I bet, your input lines end with <CR>/<LF> (carriage return/linefeed).
On COPY FROM the <CR> is stored as the last character of chartst.

>test_db=> SELECT '+'||numtst||'+' AS "numtst", '*'||chartst||'-' AS "chartst"  FROM test;
> numtst | chartst
>--------+------------
>-+2+    | *100/100

Your terminal gets
 +2+    | *100/100<CR>-

<CR> sends the cursor to the start of the line, so you see the - in
front of the rest.  Just to illustrate this, try

SELECT '+'||numtst||'+' AS "numtst", '*'||chartst||'-abc-' AS
"chartst"  FROM test;

and you will get
 numtst | chartst
-abc-   | *100/100

Servus
 Manfred

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Strange Result with char concatenation in query.
От: Larry Rosenman
Сообщение: Re: Altering existing table to be WITHOUT OIDs