Re: [HACKERS] Hot Backup Ability

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Hot Backup Ability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 09:09 PM 6/29/99 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity, I did a DUMP on the database while running a script
>> that ran a pile of updates. When I restored the database files, it was so
>> corrupted that I couldn't even run a select. vacuum just core dumped...

>When you say DUMP, you mean pg_dump, right?  Are you using 6.5?

In his first note, he was proposing a scheme that would allow either
filesystem dumps or pg_dumps, which I think a couple of respondents
missed.

So I suspect he means a filesystem dump in this case.  Which of course
won't work in postgres, or in Oracle.

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com> Nature photos, on-line guides, and other goodies at
http://donb.photo.net

От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: Perl library (was Building Postgres)
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] User requests now that 6.5 is out