Re: Mainframe access

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: Mainframe access
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 10:41 AM 8/24/00 -0700, Rolle, Ted wrote:

<excerpt>

<smaller>I've looked through the docs and didn't see reference to
connecting to PostgreSQL from the "outside" -- via a port.</smaller>

<smaller>I'm writing a program to access a PostgreSQL database from the
mainframe.  I can hit an IP address:port -- the question what is the
protocol to establish communications with the DB?

</smaller>

<smaller>Ted</smaller>

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Default port is 5432, you can change it with the postmaster's -p switch,
-i enables

non-local access.

"man postmaster" will tell you pretty much the same thing.

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <<dhogaza@pacifier.com>
 http://donb.photo.net.

От: "Rolle, Ted"
Сообщение: Mainframe access
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [7.0.2] problems with spinlock under FreeBSD?