Re: Unhappy with error handling in psql's handleCopyOut()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unhappy with error handling in psql's handleCopyOut()
Дата
Re: Unhappy with error handling in psql's handleCopyOut()  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've not gotten back to it yet, but I ran into a related-seeming issue
> where psql would happily chew up 2G of memory trying to send "COPY
> failed" notices when it gets disconnected from a server that it's trying
> to send data to mid-COPY.  conn->sock was -1, connection was
> 'CONNECTION_BAD', but the loop towards the end of handleCopyIn doesn't
> care and nothing in libpq is changing PQresultStatus():

[ scratches head... ]  Offhand I'd have expected PQgetResult to start
returning error indications.  It definitely will do that if it gets
error indications from the I/O layer.  Perhaps it didn't see any
because asyncStatus had already been reset from PGASYNC_BUSY?

If so, maybe we need an explicit test on the connection being good before
we return valid PGRES_COPY_IN etc results.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Patch: compiling the docs under Gentoo
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Unhappy with error handling in psql's handleCopyOut()