Re: issue with gininsert under very high load

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: issue with gininsert under very high load
Дата
Re: issue with gininsert under very high load  (Jesper Krogh <jesper@krogh.cc>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-02-13 16:15:42 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Something like the attached?  Can somebody who's seen this problem confirm
>> this improves matters?

> Hm. Won't that possiby lead to the fast tuple list growing unboundedly?
> I think we would need to at least need to stop using the fast tuple
> mechanism during gininsert() if it's already too big and do plain
> inserts.

No, because we've already got a process working on cleaning it out.

In any case, this needs some testing to see if it's an improvement
or not.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Another pgindent gripe
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: issue with gininsert under very high load