Re: Documentation for alternate names of functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Documentation for alternate names of functions
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Daniel Cory <dcory@tableau.com> writes:
> Can we document that "pow" is the same as "power"?

Meh.  power() is the SQL-standard spelling; I don't see a good reason to
encourage people to use the legacy name.  We might hope to get rid of
that name someday (cf commit fc7fd5018).

> Can we document "int4larger" and related functions?

We intentionally do *not* document functions that are only meant to be
used as infrastructure for operators and aggregates.  If we did, the
tables would be far larger and would just encourage people to use
functions we'd prefer they didn't.  As with the pow() case, this'd
basically be enlarging our exposed surface of frozen API, and I don't
think that's desirable.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Documentation for alternate names of functions
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: AT TIME ZONE correction