Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Regina Obe" <lr@pcorp.us> writes:
> Sorry screwed up sending this email the first time.  Trying again:
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 12:39:12PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
>>> If you have contributed nothing to our project and you make
>>> demands for change, we will try to tell you that kindly and
>>> request you to change or leave.

>> May I kindly ask for a bit more explanation on this one ?

> I'm not sure the best way to word this one.  I agree it needs more
> clarity. The reason I put it in there is because of this:
> https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/942
> You see that guy strand.  From the way he talked, I thought he was a core
> member of Opal and had contributed a lot.
> On further inspection I discovered his only contribution was the
> contributor code of conduct.
> So the purpose is to try to prevent people who don't care about our
> project from telling us how to run our project.

Hmm.  I'm not sure that telling us that should amount to an offense;
such a person might even have a good idea from time to time.

Now, if the person is rude about it, that would be an offense, but
that should already be covered under other sections of the CoC no?

Another possibly offensive aspect of the example you're describing
is someone trying to pass themselves off as a major contributor when
they're not.  But I hesitate to try to draw guidelines for that either.

От: Geoff Winkless
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct
От: "Regina Obe"
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?