Re: partitioned table query question

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: partitioned table query question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 10, 2007, at 1:21 PM, Erik Jones wrote:

> You beat me to the punch on this one.  I was wanting to use modulo
> operations for bin style partitioning as well, but this makes things
> pretty awkward as well as unintuitive.  So, to the postgres gurus:
> What are the limitations of check constraints when used with
> constraint exclusion?  Is this really the intended behavior?

/me too!

I have vague recollection of reading that the constraints on the child
tables needed to be free of computation (ie, just straight comparison
ranges) but I can't find that reference now.

But in my case, I can almost always pick the appropriate sub-table
from the application level anyway.

От: Thomas Carsten Franke
Сообщение: Unable to ALTER table after SELECT data from table
От: Nathan Wilhelmi
Сообщение: Script to reset all sequence values in the a given DB?