Re: Why is NULL not indexable?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why is NULL not indexable?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I can't work out what the 'strategy' bit refers to. All I can find in the
> source code is references to tables of magic numbers. I guess what I really
> want to know is, how hard would it be to fix?

I believe the main problem is that IS NULL and IS NOT NULL are not
operators (they don't have pg_operator entries), and all of the planning
and indexscan execution machinery is designed around operators.  Binary
operators, at that.

It's possible that this could be hacked around by creating dummy
pg_operator entries for them, but my bet is that cleaning up the loose
ends and no-longer-valid coding assumptions would be a nontrivial task.

От: Edwin Grubbs
Сообщение: timestamp to int
От: wsheldah@lexmark.com
Сообщение: Large objects in web applications